“Please don’t do the journalism thing.”
That is what a colleague of mine used to say before they gave me a few blocks of copy to edit before turning it in to management. They were referring to my background in media and the notoriously comprehensive notes I would give them in return.
National thought leaders, elected officials, journalists, academics, and everyday writers have trusted me with their work. Along the way, I have had the chance to take a red pen to a variety of documents, such as:
- Cover letters and resumes
- Introductory and executive correspondence
- Blog posts and web content
- Press releases and and editorial pieces
- Speeches and presentations
- Term papers
In writing, it is important for the author’s voice to be apparent, but the integrity and credibility of the message must come first.